Sunday, February 29, 2004

Sunday evening

What a gorgeous weekend! I drove to church this morning with the window down. I didn't remember that the window went down. It seems as if it has been that long.

The band from Heartland got together again (sans drums) and played at CrossLife Community Church in Elkridge. This was the final week CrossLife met inside Main Street Barber Shop on Route 1. What a cool place. Not exactly how I would decorate a sanctuary, but that is definitely the most interesting barber shop/hair salon I've been in. It even worked as a church. One fellow stopped in to get a trim. I guess he missed the 2-1/2 by 10-foot banner on the window promoting CrossLife Community Church. He didn't stay long when he found out what was about to take place.

Next week, CrossLife will be meeting in three connected temporary trailers behind a nearby Episcopal church. Just in time, too. Things have been getting a tad cramped for them at the barber shop.

We visited with some old friends on Saturday. I'll visit with anyone if we can meet at Macaroni Grill. I'd go just for the warm bread. Everybody dined well and we had some great conversation with folks we see far too seldom, so it was a plus in more than one way.

For all you graphic designer types, I just saw an employment notice from Lockheed Martin. They are looking for somebody in Baltimore. Let me know if you are interested.

I just got off IM with my niece and she is in exam and homework hell right now. Spring break is looming at Penn State and the professors seem to be loading the students up before they all rush off and destroy brain cells in an orgy of hedonism. Of course, my niece would never do that. She's perfect, after all. But she's bravely bearing up beneath the burden so unfairly thrust on her by prospective partying of an impolite majority. Alas. Hang in there, niece!

True confessions: if I'd gone to college, I would have been part of the impolite majority. That's why I went into the service. There, I could do the same thing on the taxpayer's dime. Thank you one and all for that marvelous opportunity. Do you have any idea where I can reclaim those brain cells? It seems that I need them now.

I hope you all got your fill of sunshine? It's time to go back to work and see all that beauty from inside the bubble. Now we know how goldfish feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home