Friday, February 20, 2004

Pain in the Rear

Something has struck me. Perhaps it was someone. In any case, Clifford has a dimple in his backside. And I didn't put it there. With all the ice and whatnot, it's not surprising. I've seen several large trucks around here with blades and saltboxes in the past few weeks. With all that extra length, I can easily imagine somebody backing up (or sliding forward) and coming to rest against a large red pickup truck without a lot of give to it. Hence, the dimple.

We called it in to GEICO. I never do that. I'd just as soon see a physician as make an insurance claim. The experiences are similar. Lots of waiting. The attendant expense. And at the end of the visit I still feel bad and know that only time will take care of things. Well, for Clifford, the time is March 1. He's getting a new tailgate. A new $700 tailgate. And I'm getting a rental car for three days while Clifford gets his new a** painted. Such a deal.

The question now is this: does Enterprise have anything roughly equivalent to a full-size pickup truck or will I be driving an economy car and wishing I was elsewhere for three days? There's something comforting about having lots of space and metal between me and the next guy when I drive around here.

Soon enough there will be no question which is Clifford's "good side." Many of us look better from that direction.

High in the mid-50's here today. Plenty of sunshine. Woo-Hoo! Hope y'all can get out and enjoy the weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home