Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Not the Time-Tamer

I may have been mistaken in my perception of the esteem in which I am held. It turns out that what I do is "window dressing" and not nearly so important as "the technical stuff." Hmmpff.

Well, I'll have you know I do damn fine window dressing, thank you very much.

I also failed to have my way with time, as I expected. Our noon deadline left our tardy regulars completely unfazed. So it was moved to close of business (that's COB to those of you in the know about acronyms). This would have been fine if it had been de-fined. Unfortunately, one author is regularly at work until 7pm or later.

Who can get miffed? If I have a COB deadline, to me it means until you see Colbert's Old Butt out in the parking lot. So 8 hours stretched to 10 and there's still one review first thing in the morning. One beats the heck out of nine or ten. This I can do.

Be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home