Monday, February 16, 2004

Guilted

Bill is too polite. You remember Bill. Courageous. Intrepid. Lets silly people into their running, locked trucks. Faces challenges like big old houses with the occasional mutter and imprecation, but really enjoys it. You can now link to his site from here. If you click on "Bill Dugan's blog" under Links, you'll get there.

I'm kind of proud of that. You see, that may be the first thing I've ever done in HTML. I got it to work correctly on the fifth try. It seems that in HTML punctuation is everything.

I offer this disclaimer: Bill can be somewhat forthright with his views. And I think he's a Democrat (but God loves him anyway). So this may not be the best spot for young children on a given day. That being said, Bill's comments on lives--both his own and ours in general--are a bright spot for me. So visit often. Comment when you feel like it. Most of all, enjoy.

I began by saying Bill is too polite. He suggested that I have been remiss in my posting. That my prose is irregular, at least in frequency. We are certain it is irregular in other contexts as well. And he's right. But I am as cautious about inflated promises of repentance and change as I am of New Year's resolutions. The difference between them is that one is an individual good intention and the other is a communal lie. Both are shakily propped up by weak wills and are subject to the vagaries of life. For those of us who are easily distracted, they are a danger to be avoided. That being said. I'm posting. Believe it. You're reading it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home