Friday, November 21, 2003

Happy Friday

What a day, huh? It was cool this morning while I was working across the street. Overalls and a sweatshirt were comfortable, bordering on too warm. Then it got into the 60's while I went shopping with Anne and John. Then it climbed into the 70's. Wow. And it was, and is, beautiful to boot. As I write, the valley out front is striped with splashes of sunshine and shadow. It's nearly 4 o'clock, so at this point my money is on the shadow.

We have good news and bad news to share. First the good news. Coby ran away. Yes. It's true. Some things are just too good for words.

Now the bad news. He's home. A very nice lady at the top of the hill found him outside her home late last night. She took him for a ride up and down Triadelphia Road, but he didn't signal that any house was home, so she went back. She called a couple of veterinarians and they told her to keep him inside so he wouldn't hit by a car. Like it was any of their business.

I believe when it's time, it's time. You know? Joan and I both have living wills that state, "No extraordinary measures are to be taken to prolong life." I think keeping the dog inside is an extraordinary measure. Anyway, this lady even went so far as to place a large box with "Found Dog" boldly printed on its side at the end of her driveway. I'm such a dad. I not only noticed the sign, I told Katie about. She asked if we could stop. I'm too darn soft, that's my problem. We stopped. It was Coby. *sigh* So close.

My hope now lies in this: Coby knows that if he is willing to barrel courageously through the invisible fence, he has a playmate nearby. Just at the top of the hill. Across that very busy road. I can be patient.

So what's happening with you folks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home