Sunday, November 16, 2003

Sunday's events

Today was my day to handle part one of the pilgrimage to Gaithersburg. Katie and I went to church together. Very nice people who remember names. How wonderful is that? Joan played the role of the heathen and stayed home in her p.j.’s. That’s a role a played with particular relish last week. Teen transportation is a tag-team event.

I played with the horses today while J&K went to Puzzini’s. I watched a couple of specials on John Cash while waiting for Kate Farris to return home. When she did, it was to impending rain, so we jettisoned our plans to build a breeding chute and I ferried sawdust into the stalls instead. The addition of more layers of sawdust will be a weekly activity throughout the winter. Apparently, you can keep bare stalls in the summer because it is cooler for the young horses to lay on. That’s not such a great thing in the winter, so we add sawdust. Who knew? And what’s next, comforters and such? Actually, I’ve seen the blankets and that really is the next step.

Joan and I co-piloted Katie to youth group tonight. While about “living loud,” which she does with her radio each morning (although I think this was more about authentic living), Joan and I learned about surly serving. Somebody apparently put a nasty twist in the knickers of our waiter. He was curt, abrupt, and impatient. Everything I look for in the service industry. Maybe he’s one of your DMV people, Beth. That was a poor start to a good evening because we found out that we can begin spending our Sunday evenings at Trader Joe’s. Hip, hip, hooray! Tonight’s dangerous discovery was dark chocolate covered cherries. Not such a hit with Joan, more’s the pity. I love ‘em.

We collected Katie and just returned home. Now it’s time to get ready for the week. God bless you all. Write soon.

dlc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home