Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Ohmigosh!

Forgive me Father, for I have not posted in two days. What's up with that? Life I suppose.

Today was a blur leaving behind it dry, irritated eyes and sore muscles. I convinced my friend John to help me in a job picking up sticks. Only when we were on site did I reveal to him that the "sticks" were 30-40 foot pine trees I had cut up the day before. We took one load to the dump. It weighed almost a ton. Literally. I pay $25/ton to dump yard waste and this load cost me $23.50. In the afternoon, there was a shift change. I picked up Brandon after school and we took John home. Then it was back to the job site. Both Brandon and John were introduced to the Stihl Farm Boss chain saw for the first time. Neither did badly. Brandon and I got about half a load on, then we realized (thank you, Brandon) that we barely had time to make the dump before it closed. Scratch that. We were at the gate of the dump at about two minutes before closing time. But the ladies who work the scales raised such a fuss the last time I came in at the last minute that I didn't dare try it again. I'm such a wuss. So we brought the load home and I got permission to dump it in the neighbor's stream bed. It all worked out because she needed me to feed for her anyway. But we got the truck and trailer hung up in the soft part of the front field and didn't get back to the house where the trees were down until after dark.Then it was time to take Brandon home and run off to finance meeting for church. The meeting to set the 2004 budget lasted from 7 until midnight. Then I chatted with the pastor for a few more minutes. Now I am just getting home, settling down, and realizing that my body is not accustomed to this. Or to the coffee at 7 and 8 in the evening. Or to skipping supper. But I really do believe I can quickly become accustomed to frozen fun size 3 Musketeers bars. They are delish!

The forecast is for rain--up to 5 inches--over the next few days. I may not get back to this job until Saturday, and I believe I may start work on Monday at Lockheed, so things are beginning to go crunch. Yikes!

So, tell me again....how was your day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home