Friday, November 14, 2003

Making the rounds (like the doctor Mom wanted me to be)

Today is the type of day that leads one to say, "been there, done that."

After the morning feeding (mine as well as the horses), I cleaned up and headed to Puzzini’s. We made the circuit today. I took a shortcut to the credit union first. It’s much faster to go down I-95 to Route 198. There is an exception. Today was one such. Today they took three lanes if 198 and funneled them into one. As is often the case in Maryland, the special people were on the road. You may have met them. When you queue up and merge in an orderly fashion, the special people either speed ahead of the pack on the shoulder of the road or cut into line out of turn. But that’s okay. They’re special. That’s why I save my longest, tallest finger for a solo salute when I wave to them.

After the credit union we went to Sam’s Club. After a repast of VERY large slices of pizza, we began shopping. If you have the impression that my father-in-law is losing a step, forget it. The man is canny. While Anne pushed a cart and shopped, and while I ran through the aisles looking for Anne, John sat in the cafeteria area drinking water and waiting for us to finish. Canny. I have something to which I can aspire. Shrewd, that man.

Following our time at Sam’s we had time for one more stop; Weiss, the local grocery for Anne and John. I’m a quick study. I let them off at the curb, hung the handicapped tag from the rearview mirror and sat in the van listening to classical music while they shopped. It may not have been as quick as if I had helped them locate items in the store, but I’m convinced John is onto something with his Sitting Shopping. Gentle as a dove, but …

Having carted one set of folks, I went to River Hill to pick up Katie. We mailed a package, drove across Columbia to return an item, then hit two more stores. The net gain is that the music in my computer now plays through my stereo. Yeah! And it sounds GREAT when I crank it up. I have to leave the room, because nobody in their right mind listens to music that loud, but even from the next room it sounds pretty good.

Now we’re home. Ahhh. Nothing to do now but relax. Soon my wife will be home and there will be no doubt what needs doing. Meanwhile, it’s kick back, listen to the jams, and chill out time.

And how was your day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home