Monday, November 10, 2003

I'm back!

Hello Again! This is another update from your favorite college student! :-) I'm dissappointed I wasn't able to make it to this family get-together at my house last weekend. In the scholastic department, I have one exam down and 4 to go in the next week. The one tonight was a biggie...Math 251...differential equations...fun stuff. I'm just glad its over. Before leaving to take my exam, my friends all wished me luck and hugged me goodbye. On the walk over I felt like I was walking towards my death. The walk back to my apartment was great. Relief. Not to say that did well, but the exam wasn't as terrible as I was expecting it to be.

On a more exciting note, GREEK SING yesterday was AMAZING!!!! We were the last group of twenty to perform and we were so pumped! Performing is so much fun! We definitely went all out. And our efforts and hard work were greatly rewarded...we won 5 out of 7 of the awards!!!! We were awarded Second Place in Spirit Points, Most Artistic Performance, Best Scenery, Best Male Lead Vocalist, and OVERALL BEST PERFORMANCE!!!!! Our pictures and an article are on the front page of the Penn State Daily Collegian (even above the football article! -not that that is saying much...our football team isn't exactly in its prime this year) But anyway, it was very exciting considering our sorority placed second to last last year!

I now have a fifth roommate...a very small, furry one. My one roommate Allison apparently decided she wanted to buy a cat about a week ago and its been living in her room for a week...and my roommate Julie and I had no idea! The other two roommates (Allison and Courtney) decided not to tell us about our new housemate for over a week...the only reason we did find out is that she (Bella...but we call her Kitty...or Stupid Cat) broke out of their room. That was interesting. So now we have this annoying furry thing running around everywhere making a mess. And of course she loves our room the most because we don't want her there. Funny how it always works out that way. (i.e. Wendell and me) Needless to say, she is cute and can be fun...even though I'm not much of a pet girl.

Someone please tell me what exactly is going on with this weather!?!?!?! OK...last Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I was able to lay out on a blanket at the park and read the third Harry Potter book in the 80 degree weather in shorts and a tank top. Saturday night I came home and the WeatherBug said it was 19 DEGREES!!!! How does that happen????? WHY??

Well, I hope you all have a great week, I'll be back soon!


"Some family trees bear an enormous crop of nuts. "
--Wayne H :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home