Monday, November 10, 2003

Wake up and Write!

I got a call at 7:20 am that I hope was well intentioned. The voice on the other end said there was frost on the ground and the sun was shining. The inference was that if I were any kind of wordsmith worth my salt I'd be up taking a picture and writing about it. I'm not sure what I missed, thankfully. Probably the opportunity to describe a world awakening with glittering, ephemeral diamonds adorning each blade of grass and the sun taking the opportunity of this morning to create a work of art that would be noticed by few but would hold those few spellbound and create a moment of awe that would sustain them through the rest of the day. Maybe. I don't know. I was slowly awakening and reading a good book at the moment, so I blew it off.

I just provided a potential employer a sample of my body fuids. Isn't it odd that based on that they will decide whether I merit further consideration as an employee? I can't imagine having one of the neighbor boys show up anxious to rake leaves and me telling him to piss in the corner over there and I'd think about it. But then, I can't imagine any of our neighbor kids being anxious to perform yard work for us under any circumstances.

As soon as I send this off, I'm heading across the street to turn out the kids. Their "Mom" gets back on Wednesday and my evenings will be my own once again. Grace was limping yesterday. I think she may have pulled a muscle. She's the largest mare, but that doesn't hold much value. She gets picked on the most too. She may have been responding to a nip or kick and just didn't warm up first. I rarely see them stretching or doing any kind of calisthenics. It's a wonder they all don't limp more. Somehow the picture of nearly a dozen horses standing in a line, reared up on their hind legs and doing jumping jacks strikes me as funny. I don't think I'll share that with them, though. They can be sensitive about public perception and wouldn't appreciate my irreverence.

It's another sunny day! Ya gotta love it. High in the 40's. Wanna come up and visit, Susie?
Love to all,

dlc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home