Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Youth Reprised

I sat up with a friend last night. He'd had a tough day. On top of that, his spouse had gone to Wolftrap with a friend to see Peter Pan, so he had to wait around until she got back before he could go home. It was a no-brainer. This was a job for beer.

I didn't have many beers, so I supplemented. My cup was full of ice and Maker's Mark. The new food pyramid advocates five servings of fruit and vegetables daily, so I got my serving of corn. We sat, grumbled, smoked, listened to music, relaxed, lit little candles, went to pick up the Mrs. when she arrived in the area, and came back to my little sanctuary and visited until 1:30 this morning. And that was very nice. Not too smart. Ill considered. Perhaps a bit daft for a work night. But very nice. And I am promising myself that I will not do that often at all in the future. I think I had a mid-week weekend. Now I need the days off that are supposed to go with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home