Sunday, July 10, 2005

This is a Rust-Free Zone

I've been gradually rearranging things in the garage. This afternoon, I finally cleared enough space to drag the drill press out and fit it with a fancy new wire brush. Then I cleaned several tools.

One tool in particular, a rather long shovel thingy, had been left out for quite a while by the resident gardener. I think she was encouraging it to go feral. I snuck up on it, grabbed it by the throat, and wrestled it into the garage. There I loosed a cloud of oxidized metal. Sure, the divots that remain look like it's still making the transition from puberty to adolescence, but the handle came out beautifully. That and two pairs of loppers and tool-that-shall-remain-nameless, but looks like a little cultivator somebody stuck on a stick like a marshmallow at a weinie roast are now dutifully derusted and bathed in WD-40, which is kind of like the handyman's saliva--a universal cure-all and the liquid equivalent of duck tape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home