Saturday, May 21, 2005

Scratching Things Off My List

I finally unpacked from the "Wild Man's Weekend." It's amazing how well stuff keeps if you stick it in a toolbox and go about your business. But I brought the backpack and an armful of clothing that had collected in the back seat (don't ask--it ain't like that) of the truck. I unpacked the two old-style camp lanterns and was happy to learn they had survived my driving.

Another thing on my list was to fix the garage door. One of the springs had busted, making the eyebolt it was connected to look like an old man with rheumatism. Everything is going up and down nicely again.

While I was in the garage, I looked around and found an old pipe pouch a friend had given me. It was conveniently near a container of mink oil, so I gave it a good going over. I will begin putting it back to its intended use shortly. I also found a holster for a cordless drill and brought that back to life.

I looked at table saws when I was getting the door parts at HD. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money tonight, though. Mostly because I need to thoroughly clean the garage to make a place for it. I have an older saw that is serviceable, but I'd like to get one with all the guards and a larger blade. I'm feeling the urge to build more stuff and it usually coincides with an urge to spend money on tools as well as materials.

Somewhere on this list is Wash the Truck. Somebody must have spilled WD-40 on this task because it keeps slipping further down the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home