Saturday, May 21, 2005

Gorgeous

Today was beautiful. At the last minute, Pookums remembered she had a riding lesson, so we hustled out the door. Once there, I gotta tell you, it was just a beautiful day. I sat in Clifford working a crossword puzzle and every time I looked up I saw something more strking than the time before. You know it's a killer day when long grass at the corner of a building looks good. Volunteers were out at the riding center spreading mulch, putting topsoil in a couple of old watering troughs put into service as planters near one of the outside rings, and making dreary fences white once again. The way the sunlight was hitting everything made colors jump. I realize it was just a bunch of folks going about their normal business, but today it seemed so much more than that. Go, God! What a lovely day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home