Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Finally, Fast Food

I've been very good. Today, in a quick bid to avoid putting a loved one in hock just to procure a meal at the airport, I dined at the Burger King drive-thru. This is the first fast food meal I've had. I don't count the Chick Fil-A sandwich last Tuesday. For some reason I'm in denial and don't rank them with other fast food restaurants.

The meal was tasty. The fries still taste like salty cardboard. But I like a little salty cardboard at times. The Whopper Jr., though, was just the jolt of artery-clogging comfort food goodness I was craving. Topped off with an ice-cold Coca-Cola and I'm good to go.

Speaking of meeting one's meal needs, I ate at the India Pavilion restaurant last night. Mixed vegetables and garlic nan bread with just enough spice to induce a light sheen of perspiration and a wake-up call to my taste buds. Take that all you "country cookin' boiled vegetables!" This is how you were meant to end up. Displayed on a bed of pilaf, not drowning in grease and your own disintegrating innards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home