Tuesday, September 14, 2004

South to the Storm

I'm on travel for work. This week finds me in beautiful West Columbia, South Carolina. The Palmetto State. It's nice to linger rather than see this state as a brief stop on the way to Florida.
When I landed yesterday it was a comfortable 74 degrees. Last night the sprinkles began. Today, even at my most optimistic, I can only claim a 20 percent chance that it won't rain. Peeking out the window right now, I can tell you so far so good. Something called Ivan is supposed to be heading north to meet me. Flood warnings are out for a few counties here in the Midlands, but I didn't wake up in a waterbed, so things are still alright here.
My new discovery yesterday? Honey walnut shrimp at Miyo's on Main. Thank you, Virginia Spencer. Lovely suggestion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home