Thursday, December 11, 2003

The Perils of Pooling

Did I mention that Clifford has tired batteries? It's been a couple of days now that we've been without a truck. I don't like it. Tonight I had band practice. I had to skip cleaning stalls because we got home too late to do that and make it to practice on time. When I got to practice, Joan and I had a Chinese fire drill and she left with the car in search of a grocery and a Hair Cuttery. She found them. She's sleekly shorn now. She's also on my doo-doo list. Practice ended at 8pm. Joanie's shopping adventure ended at 8:15pm. Just after I called her. She didn't get back to the church until 8:45 and we didn't get home until well after 9 o'clock. I was disgruntled. If you ask Joan, I was non-communicative, antisocial, irked, pathetic, and in the wrong. Nowhere I haven't been before, mind you. And at least one of those describes a state in which I spend much of my time. But the later nights--the one's that used to be really early nights for us--are beginning to catch up and take their toll. I'm becoming hopelessly hooked on a 9 o'clock bedtime. And looking at the clock, that's where I need to be pretty soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home