Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Is this day over yet?

What was to be a simple day just kept getting longer today. When it was all over, Joan and I had 11 hours on our time cards. Then we came home and Joan had just enough time to get Katie to dance class while I went across the street to feed the horses.

Joan has amazing faith. She put chicken legs in the oven and set the timer for just about an hour. Now when I climb over the fence I never have any idea how long it will take me to clean stalls and feed. Any critter in a playful or ornery mood can add several minutes to a relatively simple chore. Still, I made it back in time to remove the meat from the oven in time. Joan must pray or something. Maybe it's her guardian kitchen angel. Whatever it is, it works for her.

When everybody got home it seemed to take a while to get settled down. Our 6am start time has been slipping (which leads us to bumping into schedules at the other end). Finally, we're getting to bed about an hour later than comfortable. In answer to the question in the heading, yes it is. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home