Thursday, December 04, 2003

On the Contrary

I'm starting a new diet. I'm calling it the Contrarian Diet. No. Scratch that. The Contrarian Food Plan. I think it's time. It must be. Because vanilla bean ice cream with lightly salted roasted peanuts has never tasted so good.

The basis for the Contrarian Food Plan is that it is not about weight loss. I am convinced that you look as good as you feel. I personally have never felt better than I feel when I'm eating vanilla bean ice cream. So I look positively stunning right now. And so could you.

In the "natural" or "real" world (by whose definition, I've never quite sussed), if you're "good" you can have a little dessert. Believe me, you're better than you realize. Have some ice cream. Isn't that even better? You bet it is. By the way, you're wearing a special glow. I think it may be the calcium. Did you remember to put the nuts on your ice cream? The juxtaposition of salt and sweet is what brings the magic out of those vanilla beans. Magic beans. People have been known to trade entire cows for moments like this.

If you've followed the Contrarian Food Plan this far, you're doing well. Now it's time to indulge. You've earned it. If you've eaten your ice cream (and especially if you licked the bowl), splurge. Have a teensy asparagus spear. It's the Contrarian Way!

I look forward to seeing more of the better, happier you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home