Saturday, December 13, 2003

Now how do I reach that?

Went to collect Clifford (who we last left languishing in the doctor's parking lot). I pulled one battery. As a proud parent I was fully prepared to take the plunge and buy him two new ones. But I found out that I don't own the right tools. One battery came out fine. The other one is secured by a little block that is wedged in so tightly there is no room left to turn a ratchet. I would have needed a foot-long extension to reach it. So I took what I could and visited the local Ford dealer. He gladly exchanged my old core for a brand new and pointed me to the cashier's window.

If I ever give up the writing gig, that's a cool job. The requirements are few. Be literate. Act bored. Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted. Show people where they leave their money. I could do that.

One battery later Clifford turned over like a champ. He has his old pep back and is now ready for service. Ahhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home