Sunday, November 30, 2003

Leave 'em Wanting More

There's so much to be said for this advice. We had a guest pastor at Cornerstone this morning. He had a great message, but the first service was fraught with missed opportunities. Notably, they were opportunities to wrap up the message. I slipped out for a cup of coffee at around 10 a.m. That's when the service usually ends. He had 3 points yet to cover. At 10:30-something he was just wrapping up. Usually by that time I'm fretting because I've been waiting for the second service to start. This morning, people were mingling outside the sanctuary wondering why the first service wasn't over yet. I'll admit that I was frightened. You see, there's a safety net in the first service. It must end at some point because there is a second service close on its heels. I didn't dare stay for the second service. Part of the message was about how we justify our negative emotions. He was right. I had negative emotions about the probable length of the second service and I justified leaving early because I figured I enjoyed the length of a normal message before I bugged out of the first service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home