Friday, January 02, 2004

I'll Show You Mine if ...

The girls got home tonight. Joanie and I compared purchases. Actually, I didn't show Joan. I showed my nephew Kyle. He liked the Ampeg amp and the Warwick bass. So the feline exited the burlap. I had to admit to Joan that I had purchased not only an amp, but a guitar as well.

That prompted Joan to show me her purchases. If only we'd bought stock in Wal-Mart, we'd have been that much further ahead. I couldn't brag that I'd saved 70 percent on what I bought. But -- NEWSFLASH -- my personal over-the-shoulder editor informs me that a garden store in Evansville, Indiana is the happy recipient of her hard-earned funds. Excuse me. Anyway, I patiently and lovingly looked on and nodded as she proudly displayed the undeniable bargains she had garnered on her trip to the Hoosier State. I still don't understand the logic of an arbitrary 70 percent discount accordingly increasing the value of a given purchase, but I apparently don't have the discretionary embedded logic in my brain to appreciate such a "savings." Whatever.

So now they're back. I've rediscovered my faults. They seemed to disappear in their absence. And I can once again joyfully deliver hot tea to my loving spouse so she can either ignore it or forget it until it is sufficiently cooled to warrant reheating in the microwave--where it may languish for days before it is rediscovered. Yep. All is right with the world once again. How is your new year proceeding?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home