Sunday, November 28, 2004

T-Giving and All That

The past few days are a blur of turkey, roti, pasta, rum (and Coke), Hefeweisen and probably much more that I am forgetting.

There is much to be thankful for: family and friends, love, support, employment, music, and so many little (but by no means minor) things that often slip beneath one's notice but add significantly to one's happiness.

Thank you to Joan, who does so much to make our lives comfortable. I'm in for 23 more if you are, Babe.

Thank you to Katie, who keeps me laughing and lets me know I'm loved.

Thank you to our families. We don't have to look very far away in the gene pool to find some extraordinary people. We're happy to have been swimming in the same pond.

Thank you to our friends, who hold us up when we're hurting and who remind us constantly of the value of community.

Above all, thank you to God. You have blessed us more than we know.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. When somebody wished a colleague of ours a happy Thanksgivinging, he replied simply, "I'm thankful every day." I echo that sentiment. If you're reading this, you're probably a big reason I feel that way.

Shalom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home