Saturday, March 20, 2004

Plumb Out of Luck

The cabinets look wonderful. They fit snugly into the alcove. The vanity top looks great too. Today we established that Dave cannot cut a straight line, but that's why God made moulding. The faucets that our daughter wanted have been purchased and are in place. In fact, everything is in place except for 2-3 inches of pipe. If I have the guts to turn the water on, we have virtual plumbing.

I simply lack faith. I don't believe that the water will flow from that 1-1/4 pipe to the 1-1/2 pipe, evenly crossing that gap, without flooding the bathroom. I wish it would. Because after three trips to the hardware store, this thing ought to be done. But we're still short some pipe. So tomorrow, it's Home Depot, Lowe's, or someplace with plenty of inventory and the right stuff.

Meanwhile, I had a great time with my fellow Hoosier. I had a couple of beers. And my friend brought me a few ounces of butter rum tobacco. So it's been a very, very good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home