Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Misty Morning Hop

A veil softens any features more than 100 yards away this morning. I look toward the barn across the street and can not see the fences that extend to either side of it. The birds are hushed. Normal outside sounds are muted. A stillness prevails.

I feel at least partly responsible for today's weather. No need to congratulate me. It wasn't intentional. But during the beautiful weather of yesterday I opened wide a window and reveled in the warm breeze. When I took my daughter to dance class last night. I left that window open. It was even open when I went to bed. Not suprisingly, it was also open when I awakened this morning. The only thing that had changed was that huge drops of water clung to the screen and there was water on the windowsill. Oh yes, the sofa was damp as well. Yep. That was me. So if you had the same circumstances at your home, I'll bear at least part of the blame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home