Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Today went unaccording to plan. I was to go visit a friend who is rehabbing but found out only pastoral visits are allowed during the week. Drats! Instead I helped another friend set up a pc. Will I go to hell for that? I told him to get a Mac. Some folks let a silly thing like dollars stand between them and happiness.

Playing the ponies
I'm feeding horses again. Four colts and five mares, plus a stallion. They're interesting. There is a defined pecking order and the attendant nips and kicks at whoever dares buck the tide. The stallion, who is kept apart from the herd (until he is deemed useful for increase), gets the occasional "uppity spell" as well.

What is it about eau de horse that keeps it attached to one's hands despite all good efforts to eradicate it? That is probably a rhetorical question.

Dancing queens
Soon we're off to my daughter's ballet class. I drop her off. They have the decency to conduct the class behind closed doors. Having seen the grace of some of the participants, I'm pleased. I have no illusions that I would look any better, although some have told me I have legs made for a tutu. Still, despite my applause for the courage of people to pursue their dreams, it is fitting that those dreams be sheltered---much like a classic vehicle being refurbished. Most of us don't want to see the work that goes into the public product. We simply want to enjoy the display when it is deemed ready for communal consumption. Thus, I'm pleased the class is relegated to the dance garage at this point in their development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home